Thursday, August 21, 2008

Strange Gift

A few years back my sister-in-law had asked me to make a scrapbook of her son's first year as a Christmas gift. I was thrilled to make a baby scrapbook so I jumped all over it. Well, that year I aslo made my mother-in-law a scrapbook calendar. These were a huge hit!

Well earlier this year I was asked to work my magic again. The requested seemed very odd to me. My sister-in-law asked me to make a scrapbook of my brother-in-law and his son for his birthday. Now you don't know my brother-in-law. He is not the sentimental type for the most part. He has his moments, but it is not his overall nature. I did not leap as excitedly as I had in the past, but I did agree to do it and kept my questioning nature to myself.

I started one Sunday afternoon for 3 hours or so and just thought, I looked at the pictures I had, I sorted them - Okay by year.... well, there are not enough of this or not enough of that... how else can I do this.... then it hit me... Cory is 5.... There have been 5 summers, birthdays, Christmases, ect. So I really went the route of this is from Cory. I really wanted Cory to help with it, but he wanted nothing to do with it. He did help pick out stickers at the store. (in exchange for candy of course)

Well it is finished and Keith says that he will like it. I hope so, but now I get to start another. Their cruise!!! It will be really good gift for the both of them, but Janet is the one that wants it the most. I am looking forward to getting started on that one.

Father and Son 5 years of being silly.

Happy Scrapping~

No comments: