Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a realization.

On Tuesday September 1, I hit 24 weeks pregnant. I was just thinking about how far we had come. We found out I was pregnant at 8 weeks. 16 weeks earlier, then I thought a little more and the baby will be here in 16 more weeks. (Hopefully she will come a little earlier than she is supposed to - December 14th would be great!) I sat there and I thought - by the end of the this year I am going to have a little girl in my arms. Until recently she was going to be the last one born of my group of friends, well then more and more of us keep finding out that we are expecting. I don't even know how many at this point!

This is something that I have always wanted. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said a teacher or a mommy. When Keith and I got married we did want to enjoy being husband and wife only for a little while, about two years. Well we have gotten that because next Tuesday is our 2 year anniversary.

Life is changing. It's exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time. We have so many things that we need to do, yet we want to just enjoy every moment. Like making a pile of pancakes for breakfast - all because it was a craving.

I have been very blessed throughout this pregnancy. Everything is coming back normal. Sure, I am still sick quite often, but I have figured out how to make it manageable. Through trial and error and more importantly my friends that are already moms and moms-to-be that are further along than me.

I am pretty excited that when I look down all I see is belly -


and that is because our little girl is in there growing to be one healthy little girl. I hope she is active when she comes out as she is when she is in there.

Kaitlyn Alexis Hickman I can't wait to meet you.

No comments: